We believe it’s important for all students to aim for a certain academic achievement, regardless of any learning or behavioural difficulties they may have.
That’s why we offer a flexible range of qualifications, from Entry Level to Level 1. These are currently accredited by Edexcel, OCR and Asdan and can be taken as awards, certificates or diplomas, depending on the abilities of each student.
Our courses and activities for students to choose from, including:
- Learning for Life courses
- Nationally recognised Awards Scheme Development and Accreditation Network (ASDAN) programme ‘Towards Independence’
- Life Skills
- Employability and enterprise
- Skills for Working Life vocational courses at Young Epilepsy and local mainstream colleges
- Land-based industries including a farm and horticulture centre on campus
- Creative skills courses in woodwork, art and drama
- A menu of ‘Friday options’ activities
We review these qualifications each year to make sure they meet the needs of all our students.
Many of our students attend courses at mainstream partnership colleges each year, including studying for NVQs in hospitality, BTEC certificates in business and administration, brick laying, painting and decorating, health and social care.
In addition, students take a wide range of taster courses, e.g. Motor Vehicle Maintenance, health and beauty, and floristry.